Robot designers are continuously challenged to reduce motorized joints’ size and weight while improving accuracy and response. Rob Mastromattei, at Sierramotion details how direct-drive motors coupled with high ratio precision gearing, are an excellent choice to meet these challenges.
- Design choices using emerging technologies
- Better performance at a lower overall cost
- Low profile, compact size, high torque
- How to remove cogging torque
- Encoder options: incremental or absolute, magnetic, or optical